Helping you become the musician you aspire to be.
As a flutist, music educator, and somatic educator, I am passionate about helping students and musicians discover their expressive potential through performing, teaching and movement.
Body Mapping for Musicians
- Play and sing free of tension, pain and injury.
- Perform with comfort, ease, and joy.
- Overcome your limitations for enhanced musical expression and technical facility.
Ruth Kasckow knows from her own experience how easy it is for musicians to experience tension, pain and injury. She is passionate about helping musicians learn how to apply Body Mapping to their musical practice and performance. Find out how you can learn how to play without pain and enhanced expression..
- Flute lessons for all ages and levels
- Specializing in individualized, customized lessons to fit the needs and wants of the student
- Many opportunities for students to progress through recitals, workshops, MTAC Certificate of Merit, competitions and outside opportunities
Ruth Kasckow knows that students are best served by a professional, skilled and sensitive teacher. Ruth has been teaching for over 30 years in her private at home studio and at other music schools. She attends to each student as an individual and designs the best curriculum for their success.
Ruth Kasckow plays flute, piccolo and alto flute in a number of groups. She has performed with Opera a la Carte, Santa Monica Symphony, Orquesta mexicana de la juventud, Burbank Symphony, and Jazz Flute Big Band. She is currently principal flutist with LCPC Orchestra. She plays regularly with the Pasadena Presbyterian Music at Noon series. She is equally comfortable in an orchestra, solo recital and chamber music setting.
Ruth currently performs in chamber music groups of different combinations including flute, piano, bass and drums; flute, viola and viola; flute and piano; and flute ensembles. Please contact Ruth for your next event or concert.
CDs and Books
- Chinese Folk Song Suite for flute quartet
- The Flute Duet Practice Book 1
- The Flute Duet Practice Book 2
- French Impressions for flute and piano CD
- German Expressions for flute and piano CD
Ruth Kasckow composed and self-published Chinese Folk Song Suite for flute quartet at the request of the La Canada High School band for their trip to China. Ruth composed The Flute Duet Practice Books 1 and 2 for students to make playing scales, arpeggios and thirds more fun. All three books are available for sale at Fluteworld.com.
Ruth's two CDs are a compendium of music for flute alone and flute and piano composed by French and German composers. Her collaborative pianist is Christopher Brennan, DMA. Both CDs are available on CD Baby.